Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Semianime.blogs -Yesterday I went to SM North to meet with my fellow FHT cosplayers for a supposed dance practice for our skit, yet instead of accomplishing both motives (the practice itself and paying Counter Strike), we have achieved none but instead went Providence and sung our hearts out while drinking. My fever was miraculously healed as soon as I got home. One of the conversations during the day aside from Gee and Sorry, Sorry was the alleged news regarding the MRT. By June 1, the said transit will be operational 24/7. That means there will be no closing schedule for MRT and it will serve the patrons of the said transportation system even at the middle of the midnight!

The urban area of Metro Manila was so populous and we all know that the most of us who work as a call center agent or the kind has graveyard shifts. And traveling during the night can be win-lose situation (drivers high, less traffic and the risk of traveling at night). Provided with a transportation system that was functional during off peak hours can be a great opportunity for those who venture to the corporate realms of Makati and Ortigas, where in which accessible for the MRT as well.

According to XG, he heard that it will be a one-month experiment of the government if it will be a success or another epic failure. Coming for work, I saw signs posted on the cashier’s windows announcing that “MRT is now 24/7”. So right after coming from my work as a data encoder from the heart of Makati, I decided to exploit the Midnight “Sleazy” Train the government has implemented.

Riding along Buendia Avenue, I set off my foot at the station that bears the same name. Before buying of my ticket, the security guard warned me about the train schedule: that the train will arrive only every after 30 minutes or more. Sounds frustrating, I still bought a ticket anyway without hesitations. The time was almost 12 midnight and I felt that my stomach was already revolting. Then I thought of writing notes at my tickler.

I thought that it will take so long, but only after about 15 minutes the northbound train has arrived, in spite of the guard’s disclaimer. I immediately hopped inside and behold, I joined with a couple of hundred travelers from the south who also tried said transportation system during midnight, for the first time. It was swift and a cool ride as usual, but you won’t ever consider yourself as a sardine in a can, packed and endorsed by Ceasar Montano and Judy Ann Santos.

I usually spend PHP 20.00 to PHP 22.00 on the way to Cubao by bus, but with this convenient means of transportation, I could only spend PHP 19.00, including the ride along Gil Puyat. A peso saved will be useful in the long run. A stick of smoke, anyone?

Overall, the experiment will be proven successful, unless they will make it more active like during the days. A 30-minute wait can be so frustrating if you don’t have the time. Yet, it can be budget-saving. You could spend an almost PHP 30.00 alone on a bus ride from Taft to North Avenue, but with this in effect you can only spend the half of it. Convenient isn’t it? This will be definitely one of the good things the government will do for us, in spite of banning hentai and taxing imported books. Plus obviously, the one who implemented this midnight ride might be running at 2010. And tonight’s not the time to talk about the train gropers. What matters most is that you can arrive at the doorsteps of your home quick, safe and sound.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment

Blogroll